Cycling with OUTspokin’: What You Need To Know
Wind in your face, sun and Colorado bluebird skies above. Friendships that are forged in the saddle, then strengthened with every pedal stroke toward new challenges and fitness goals. Bringing the face of diversity to the sport of cycling, and doing good in the world through the power of an active and fun group. OUTspokin’ is about all of that, and more. If any of this inspires you to join us, please do!
Below, you will find important information you should familiarize yourself with before coming to a ride. Please read all of it, and review our FAQ page. If you have any questions or want to know more, contact us.
- Cyclists are required to wear a CPSC certified, correctly adjusted bicycle helmet in good repair.
- Participants must sign a waiver before each ride, including their mobile number and emergency/home phone number.
- Your bicycle must be in good repair. Visit your local bike shop to correct problems and do an ABC Quick Check before each ride.
- Ride in a legal, safe, and courteous manner. Obey all traffic laws. Use hand signals.
- Never ride with earphones, ear bud(s), or speakers.
- Carry money, cell phone, spare tube, pump/CO2, and patch kit. Know how to fix your own flats.
- Bring your own water and food.
- Pull off and stop when using a cell phone.
- Arrive at least fifteen minutes before the published start time with your bicycle ready to ride. This allows time to sign the waiver, listen to route instructions, meet the leader, and look at the map if available. We put “wheels on the road” at the published start time and do not wait for stragglers.
- If available, upload or print out the map for the ride you choose to do. Maps for most routes can be found on the routes page.
- For the group’s enjoyment as well as your own, choose a ride at the pace and distance that matches your current ability.
And above all else, HAVE FUN!
One of the most important things for a rider to do is to pick a ride that fits their ability. OUTspokin’ provides the following categories, based on the familiar ski symbols, to aid you in finding a ride that is right for you. Each ride posted in the calendar will be rated green, blue, or black. Some rides will include more than one level. The details of the post will contain additional information, such as distance and optional extensions. If a map is available, a link will be provided, or you can search the routes.
Your first ride is on us! After that, to ride with OUTspokin’, you must be a member. This small membership fee from our riders is collected to cover basic operational costs such as web hosting, providing custom team jerseys at cost, and participation in PrideFest and other social events. OUTspokin’ also works with various sponsors to provide discounts to members.
Membership purchases are for the season (one calendar year); therefore, memberships will expire on January 1st of the following year.
Membership is only $35 and you can enjoy all of the benefits of being a member of OUTspokin’.
Please note: membership in our meetup.com group is not considered OUTspokin’ membership.
Head over to our online store to purchase your membership and support our club!
A rider’s safety is always important. If temperatures are forecasted to be 40°F or colder the ride will be cancelled. The ride will also be cancelled if the pavement is wet due to rain or slick due to freezing temperatures. If in doubt, check the ride on the OUTspokin’ calendar before departing for your ride or contact the assigned ride leaders listed for the ride. You can also check our Facebook or Meetup pages.