Cycling with OUTspokin’: What You Need To Know
Wind in your face, sun and Colorado bluebird skies above, what’s not to love? Lasting friendships are forged in the saddle, strengthened with every pedal, towards new relationships and confidence. Bringing the face of diversity to the sport of cycling, and doing good in the world through the power of an active and fun group. OUTspokin’ is about all of that, and more. If any of this inspires you to join us, please do!
Below, you will find important information you should familiarize yourself with before coming to a ride. Please read all of it, and review our FAQ page for additional information. If you have any questions or want to know more, contact us.
- Cyclists are required to wear a CPSC certified, correctly adjusted bicycle helmet in good repair.
- Participants must sign a waiver before each ride, including their mobile number and emergency/home phone number.
- Your bicycle must be in good repair. Visit your local bike shop to correct problems and do an ABC Quick Check before each ride.
- Ride in a legal, safe, and courteous manner. Obey all traffic laws. Use hand signals.
- Never ride with earphones, ear bud(s), or speakers.
- Carry money, cell phone, spare tube, pump/CO2, and patch kit. Know how to fix your own flats.
- Bring your own water and food.
- Pull off and stop when using a cell phone.
- Arrive at least fifteen minutes before the published start time with your bicycle ready to ride. This allows time to sign the waiver, listen to route instructions, meet the leader, and look at the map if available. We put “wheels on the road” at the published start time and do not wait for stragglers.
- Check out upcoming rides on our Rides page!
- For the group’s enjoyment as well as your own, choose a ride at the pace and distance that matches your current ability.
And above all else, HAVE FUN!